18. November 2013 · Comments Off · Categories: Law · Tags: ,

employment law uk

I work in HR and want to move to America so need to study their employment law. Where can I study this in the UK? Or is there an American version of open university?

Answer by Politically Correct
America is a federation and employment law is a state not a national law so the laws will be different from state ot state. You will need to read up on the state laws in the place you intend to go. No need to do this at university, just read the laws!

employment law uk

My employer is proposing to change my shift pattern so I work 80 hours per fortnight instead of 75 which will mean a reduction in my hourly rate. Can they do this under UK employment law?

Any other advice on shift pattern changes and where I stand?

Answer by kako
Contact your local government labor department and ask.

employment law uk


Comments closed